My husband taught a Bible study recently, and during part of it, he rattled off a huge long list of truths that the Bible states about who I am.
Well, not me specifically, but “me” as in one of God’s children.
And I loved that list so much that I wanted to put it down in writing so that I can come back and reference it again and again, anytime I need some truth spoken over my life. And I wanted to put that list right here so that you can do the same.
So you ready to see what God says about who YOU are?
- I am a child of God (John 1:12)
- I have peace with God (Romans 5:1)
- The Holy Spirit lives in me (1 Corinthians 3:16)
- I have access to God’s wisdom (James 1:5)
- I am helped by God (Hebrews 4:16)
- I have Christ’s righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength (Phillipians 4:13)
- I am the salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13)
- I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14)
- I am a member of Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- I am sanctified (Hebrews 2:11)
- I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ as a spiritual house (1 Peter 2:5)
- I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession and created to sing his praises (1 Peter 2:9-10)
- I have been made complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)
- I have been given a spirit of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I have great and precious promises from God (2 Peter 1:4)
- My needs are met by God (Phillipians 4:19)
- I am a prince (or princess) in God’s kingdom (1 Timothy 6:15)
- I have been bought with a price, I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
- I am assured all things are working together for my good (Romans 8:28)
- I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:1)
- I cannot be separated from the love of God (Romans 8:35)
- I am confident the good work God has begun in me will be perfected (Phillipians 1:6)
- I am a personal witness for Christ (Acts 1:8)
How’s that for some New Year’s affirmations?!?